Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Traveling at the speed of art!



Here in south Texas, I found an 'interactive art studio' where you do more than paint.  Tonight, was a sushi-making class!  It was easier than I thought--nori, sticky rice, some veggies, cream cheese and 'faux' crab all rolled together. Good stuff!
It might have been easier and tasted better if I had done as the others did--bring wine. But I didn't have a designated driver!

After the sushi, we moved over to the painting area, where a canvas and paints were set up for each of us. We painted in a background and then stensiled on the Japanese symbols for 'Live, Laugh, Love'.

This is a picture of my attempt!
It was a nice evening with 3 couples who were hospitable and fun to be around. I'm looking forward to, at least, one more class---AND thinking that I may have to try this on a smaller scale with a few friends.
Who's up for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment